06 February 2012

FEARS AND PHOBIAS

THE SKETCH SHOW                                         
This video is an American version of a previous British sketch from the programme “The Sketch show”. This sketch was called “the Phobia convention”


1) MATCH the beginning with the end of the sentence:
The man in the brown jacket
The blonde girl.
The man in the dark jacket 
The girl in the pink blouse


 is terrified of repetition
 is scared of apologies.
 is afraid of silences.
 has a fear of the word which is spelled “aagh!” (screaming).





2) Answer the following questions with your partner.

  • Are you afraid of any of these? Do you know anyone?

  • Which are the most common phobias? Write a list

  • In the video you have just watched, which of these expressions are not recommended?

Sorry!               Aagh!       -Hi!                                     Hello!
                                       -Hi! 
(Silence)                                                    I apologize for that…
(Screaming)                    Can you repeat that?       




3) this is another video, this time the original version, the British sketch.. It was titled “the Phobias workshop”. You’ve got the option of reading the subtitles too.


Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. When forced to socialize with others, I assume no one will talk with me because I am so weird. If I do have the opportunity to converse with another, I get so tongue tied and frustrated with myself. I am terrified of being alone for the rest of my life, so I am trying to overcome my social phobia by using sites like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pho to gain control of my life once again.

    ReplyDelete